Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Busy Week..

So last week was pretty busy. Bryce and I kicked it off with a date night and saw Batman at 10:00pm on Monday night....I'm too old to stay out until 1:00am at a movie. LOL!! Tuesday we went shooting, for my first time! I didn't do too shabby, but I'm nothing compared to Bryce. He's a dead shot, he also didn't want to take a picture, but I thought I'd give everybody a pose!

Wednesday was the big day - Bentley got his tonsils out!! Christy was awesome and kept Cace while we brought Jane with us. Bentley was such a champ. He didn't have any hesitation when Dr. Bikhazi came to say Hi and then when Dr. Simmons' came to discuss the procedure and take him back. Bentley hopped in the wagon as fast as lightning and spoke with him all the way down the hall. It sure makes it easier on a parent to not have your child cry when they are taken away for surgery. We weren't back in the waiting room longer than 20 minutes (Bryce was actually getting us breakfast), when Dr. Bikhazi came back to tell us everything went perfect. He said Bentley's tonsils were pretty dang big as were his adenoids, so he removed the whole bunch!! It was another 15 minutes before they called us back to see him and as soon as he saw us he started crying. I think there's just something about seeing your mom and dad when you're confused and waking up (and of course when you're only 3 years old)! He sat on Bryce's lap and recovered really well. Day 1 and 2 post-surgery were amazing. You wouldn't even know Bentley had had surgery, Day 3 however was just as the doctors' and nurse's described - a whole new ball game. Bentley was painful and temperamental, I had to force him to eat and drink. It was bad. By the time the evening rolled around I had confused him finally that if he ate he would feel much better. Sure enough, 30 minutes later he said "Mom, my tummy doesn't hurt anymore. You're the best!" He's so funny.

Saturday I decided to brave it and go to Dinosaur Park with all the kids, plus Shea and her whole gang, Christy and the girls + Brach and Jaki was there as well with Heather and her kids. Jane like exploded in the parking lot, I should have taken a picture. Poor Brach was covered in poop, it took honestly 30 minutes to clean up the disaster. The park was fun. It wasn't too hot with plenty of shade and the kids loved seeing the dinosaurs and posing in all of the cardboard pictures placed around the park. I forgot my camera, so Shea and Christy have the pictures I want to post! It was a free day - so you never feel pressured to stay too long. It was a great week - busy but always fun to spend time with the family!

The last two pictures are from Sunday. Bentley was feeling a little better so we decided to brave church. I had them all ready and he begged me to take a picture of him and Jane - he's hilarious. He stands in the mirror when I'm getting him ready and says "I look pretty awesome huh mom?!" The other picture is Cace's back, his friend bit him really hard in nursery.....ouch!






No comments: